Saturday, February 04, 2012

Don't say the green word please, I'm an eco-mentalist

No, I haven't changed all my household lighting to LEDs, I don't drive a Toyota Prius, I don't even compost my tea bag. In short, I haven't given in to the green peace activists and I am not contributing to their market share. That doesn't mean I am one of the guys who drives those big black SUVs. I still contribute in every way I can(at least try to).
Last night I left my full shopping cart inside Walmart(in one of the less frequented tire and lube section) frustrated from all the packaging I would have to remove if I bought the stuff. The amount of waste I contribute in one trip to Walmart is immense. There is actually more packaging than the material itself. I have a separate shelf at home just to keep all the packaging. Being fed up from all this I found an easy solution of bringing bags from home for a shopping trip! Why not take a can for milk and empty the carton they provide you and throw it back in the shopping cart? Similar solution is possible for vegetables, fruits etc. Not only will you have less wastage to deal with at home, you will also discourage Walmart from a packaging. Others will try to follow your suit. Just say you work for green peace. Wear a OM necklace and wooden sandals to prove your point. Start a green peace revolution of your own!

PS:It goes without saying that you might be barred from that particular Walmart after they notice what you are doing. In that case just switch to a different Walmart. EASY PEESY!

1 comment:

Sruthi Muralidharan said...

What the hell!!! If you want to be so eco-friendly, buy a cow!!!